Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

rock - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* rock > Topics

Subject: Creed (bio)
Replies: 2 Views: 733

toddster 19.04.09 - 01:38am
QZOtDdFwXevYMZiQA1LK.jpg

At their best, Creed resembled a ham-handed version of early Pearl Jam: the same vague, portentous lyricism and Zeppelin-style riff*ge married to melodic Top 40 hooks. But Creed replaced the '80s punk sensibilities of its Seattle grunge influences with an extra dollop of Spinal Tap-worthy bombast. The Florida-based band's debut, My Own Prison, unapologetically embraced '70s-style stadium rock, moving between thundering metallic tracks and sweeping ballads, yielding four hit singles (Torn, One, What's This Life For, and the title track) that pretty much served as alb*m highlights as well. *

toddster 19.04.09 - 01:38am
Prison, which the band originally released themselves before signing with the then-obscure label Wind-Up, turned Creed into superstars, and the group's subsequent discs followed roughly the same template. The 10-times-platinum Human Clay, while covering little new sonic ground, was a satisfying hunk of post-grunge cheese; the immediacy of monster hits like With Arms Wide Open was hard to deny. *

toddster 19.04.09 - 01:39am
Lead singer Scott Stapp's Eddie Vedder-like mannerisms -- the great, emotive growl, the hair-tossing solemnity -- seemed to grow in direct proportion to the band's success; by the time they released their third major label disc in 2001, Creed's utter lack of either humor or self-awareness had become its most distinctive trait. Weathered boasted several decent songs (One Last Breath, Stand Here With Me), one great guilty pleasure (My Sacrifice), and more filler than either the band's fans or even its many critics had come to expect. The band called it a day in the summer of 2004. *

* rock Forum

Search:
topics replies

* rock

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search